The HEA provides a community for business owners where members receive support, encouragement, motivation and advice. Although many of us do business with each other and provide leads to one another, it’s about more than that.
Benefits of joining the HEA include access to top management in diverse fields, direct and indirect business leads, and the opportunity to network with an enthusiastic, diversified group of people who may provide relevant information before it becomes public knowledge.
Our weekly breakfast meetings are relaxed, filled with laughter and camaraderie and many of us have developed deep friendships over the years.
More reasons to join
As part of our group, you will have the opportunity each week to:
- Gain perspective on your business and your decisions from other members
- Promote your business
- Obtain valuable insight into other industries and local business developments which could impact your business
- Generate new business
- Receive referrals to the group’s networks
- Build important connections within the group that can help your business
- Create an unofficial ‘board of advisors’
- Attend active, regular forums discussing business and financial problems with peers
- Develop new business friends and contacts
- Generate contacts through affiliated associations in over 100 cities
- Purchase products or services directly
LEARN MORE ABOUT JOINING THE HEA
Membership is open to any legitimate business that has been operating in the State of Hawaii for at least one full year. Membership is held by the member firm and the representative is to be an owner, officer or other key personnel of the firm. Only one member per business category is allowed.
To qualify, you must be:
- Three years in business
- The Owner/Manager who can make decisions on the sale and purchase of products and services
- An Open Classification: We only offer one membership per business classification. The main activity of your business (70% of your business) cannot be in direct competition with the main activity of an existing member’s business
HEA Member Responsibilities
The Honolulu Executives Association meets weekly at the Oahu Country Club in Nuuanu Valley just off the Pali Hwy. We are strictly a business-networking association, with meetings geared solely toward sharing business leads, referrals, and other helpful information among members and attendance is a priority. Our membership grows by member invitation only, and potential new Member Firms can only apply in an open “Business Classification”
In order to attend a meeting as a guest, you must first be approved by the Executive Director.
Several times a year, the HEA hosts a speaker event on current business topics. This event is a ticketed event for guests. Through speaker events, the HEA provides information about business trends, business ideas and the economy. These events are also an opportunity for members to bring guests and for the HEA to market itself.
HEA member expectations include:
- Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings (at least 70% of all meetings).
- Maintain a minimum operating efficiency (attendance and participation through furnishing leads and doing business with other members) as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Familiarize yourself with the various businesses represented by fellow members.
- Provide information and assistance to other member firms when requested.
- Encourage, solicit and receive business from other members' firms.
- Act promptly on all business leads received.
- Handle all referred business in such a manner as to reflect credit upon the referring member and the association.
- Give fellow members the preference and opportunity in business transactions.
- Recommend member firms to your associations, employees, and other contacts.
- Furnish quality merchandise and service.